Pool & Spa Maintenance
Other Pool Services
Pool & Spa Construction: FAQ’s
2. When is the best time to install a swimming pool?
3. Do you offer financing?
4. Will a pool increase the value of my home?
5. What about warranties? Is my investment well-protected?
6. How much work is involved in owning and caring for a swimming pool?
7. Why do I see advertisements promising pools at very low prices?
8. Why do cost estimates vary so much when the pools seem to be the same?
9. Should I consider building my own pool as an owner/builder?
10. I have a very small yard. Can I still have a pool?
11. Do pools contribute to the drought?
12. How should I decide on the design of my pool?
13. Are there any additional options available to add to my pool?
1. How long does the building process take? Depending on the extent of your project, a new pool takes approximately 6-10 weeks. At the beginning of construction, your project manager will provide you a detailed time line of what to expect so you can start planning your next pool party!
2. When is the best time to install a swimming pool? Atlas Pools, Inc. builds pools year-round.
3. Do you offer financing? Yes. For more information or a downloadable application, visit https://www.newpoolfinancing.com/application.asp?Dealer=06-2807920
4. Will a pool increase the value of my home? Yes. Most studies show that a pool will increase the value of your home anywhere between 7% and 15%, depending on where your house is located. It will also continue to increase in value throughout the years, just like your home.
5. What about warranties? Is my investment well-protected? Warranties are very important. At Atlas Pools, Inc., we provide you some of the strongest guarantees in the swimming pool industry. We are confident in the product we build and we offer a warranty that backs it up. You should also remember that a warranty is only as good as the company that issues it. Dozens of pool builders go out of business each year. If they’re gone, so is your warranty.
6. How much work is involved in owning and caring for a swimming pool? In the past, pool maintenance was somewhat of a chore. But with today's technology and conveniences, owning a swimming pool is easier than owning a car! Pool chemical testing and maintenance, cleaning, and preprogrammed filtration and heating can all be automated. Automatic pool cleaners and various sanitizing devices also make your pool simple to maintain. Atlas Pools, Inc. also offers the first month of free maintenance for your new pool, and offers weekly service at competitive rates for ongoing regular service to keep owning your new pool hassle-free and enjoyable!
7. Why do I see advertisements promising pools at very low prices. It is actually possible to build a pool at a low price. But you should be aware that to build a low cost pool, equipment, structural elements, craftsmanship, and design are all compromised. The old adage is true: You get what you pay for.
8. Why do cost estimates vary so much when the pools seem to be the same? The price of a pool is determined by much more than just the size and shape of that pool. Unfortunately, many contractors don’t include important factors that affect cost in the actual estimate they give you. This also means that you can get hit with hidden charges after construction has begun. Some important things to consider are:
• Quality of Materials
• Design Expertise
• Underground Strength and Durability
• Customer Service
• Time Required for Construction
Atlas Pools, Inc. estimates always include the highest quality materials available, superior craftsmanship, expert design, and unparalleled customer service. We never submit a low introductory bid with the intent of making expensive changes later.
9. Should I consider building my own pool as an owner/builder? No. Even the experts encounter challenges during pool construction. Years of experience, knowledge, and specific training lead to effective solutions that produce our superior quality finished products. At Atlas Pools, Inc., we offer you enormous buying power, efficient construction, plus we coordinate all of the work so that you experience no hassles or delays. And remember, it can be very difficult if not impossible to manage your warranties without a General Contractor. We have been called on many times to finish a pool started by an Owner/builder or to correct costly mistakes done by sub-contractors who would not honor their warranties.
For more information click here: www.cslb.ca.gov/Consumers/KnowRisksOfOwnerBuilder/
10. I have very small yard. Can I still have a pool?
I have a small and difficult yard to work with. Can I still have a pool? Yes! Our expert design and engineering team can work with the most challenging properties. You’ll be surprised by our innovative solutions that can turn your dreams into a beautiful backyard resort. Before you give up on your impossibly small yard or hillside location, call us for a free consultation!
11. Do pools contribute to the drought? Water agency studies have proven that residential swimming pools require considerably less water to maintain than the landscaping they replace.
12. How should I decide on the design of my pool?Each property has unique features that should be considered when your pool is being designed. So does your family! At your request, a design expert from Atlas Pools, Inc. will meet with you at your home to discuss your pool needs and desires. He or she will ask you how you intend to use your pool. Is exercise important? How about family use? What about location? Where will the pool look best when viewed from your home? Our design expert may take photographs, video, or sketches of your yard. Then they'll prepare a custom design at no charge...a design that fits your needs AND your budget! Atlas Pools, Inc. has received more national design awards than any other swimming pool contractor in the world.
13. Are there any additional options available to add to my pool? Technology is changing at an unprecedented rate, and swimming pools are no exception. Innovative water treatment options, fiber-optic lighting, spa products, remote controls, automatic cleaning systems, and many other options are now available to make your pool easier to maintain and more enjoyable than ever. Tell us what you would like, and we can show you how to do it.